Thursday 31 May 2012

Our miniature Kaaba is ready now..

Assalamu alaykum,

Alhamdulillah I have finished making a little Kaaba for my son. It probably took me 3-4 hours in total.
For this project I used box, felt fabric in 3 colors, thread and needle. (smile)

My apologies for the blurry images, I used my phone and didn't change the resolution.



I filled the box with some paper, so that it was hard and sturdy and would last a long time. I sticky taped the edges of the box. Took out the black felt and took the measurements around the box. I cut out long and shorter strips, rectangular shape for the door from yellow felt and sewed them onto the black felt. Then I joined the sides of the black felt and sewed the sides together. For the roof of our miniature Kaaba I cut out the square shape out of grey felt. Then I put the black felt piece on the box, placed grey felt on top of the box and joined the grey felt with the black. And ta-da, DONE, alhamdulillah. 

Yusuf and his animals..



2 comments:

  1. Mashallah, i love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he put all the animals in the Sujood position! So cute Mashallah!

    ReplyDelete